Friday, December 24, 2010

Working the holiday

Yesterday we had three ‘Eve-of Christmas Eve’ Services. Today we’ll have seven more. All will be well attended; at a few we’ll be holding our breath to make sure everyone fits in the parking lots and our overflow rooms.

I love working and serving here on Christmas Eve. A few years ago I think I finally understood. I have the opportunity to serve in the most important institution ever; I play a part that is likely the most challenging and the same time rewarding of my entire adult life.

For those that know me, they will likely not understand as I’ve had some very challenging and rewarding job assignments in the past. However, for those that know me well, they will likely share my view that if Christ is truly Lord, and came just as the Bible teaches, then nothing else could be more important.

Just this past year, our Pastor read Ephesians 1:23. A verse that I’ve read before and appreciated but this time it was from the Message Bible and states: “The church, you see, is not peripheral to the world; the world is peripheral to the church. The church is Christ’s body, in which he speaks and acts, by which he fills everything with his presence.”

I love the local church. Christ is the hope of the world and the local church is the body of Christ, the physical representation of His Kingdom until He comes in glory.

Merry Christmas!

The Real Virus Is Fear

There is a virus that is attacking and ravaging this country but it is not Covid-19.   It is fear.  This fear is being spread by people ...